Friday, July 15, 2011

Potential long distance relationship? I don't know what to do! Please help :(?

My boyfriend (bob) and I have been dating for about 11 months. He wants to become a police officer and is applying to the local police force in october. His cousin is a military police officer and said he might be able to get Bob a job on a military base 2 hours away from here as a security guard or something if he pulls some strings. Bob is very excited about getting this job because he thinks it will help boost his chances of getting on to the police force, so if he gets hired he will take the job for sure...the job will be from now until he applies in october and it would be very difficult for me to visit him as he will be living on the military base as I don't have a car or license. I've thought about this a lot and I know that living apart for so long will be very hard on me (I don't know how he'll take it) because I've been in a long distance relationship before and we broke up because of it (the distance was too much). Also, during my relationship with bob ive been seeing him almost every day and it would be very hard to get used to being away from him. Apart from the long distance, I have a trust issue with him...he has cheated on me twice while we were dating, both while being drunk, and ive forgiven but not forgotten...I don't know what will happen while he's up there and I would like to believe he'll be faithful but after the second time, I'm not too sure. I am still VERY much in love with him and I really don't want to break up with him if he moves away to take this job... but I don't know how i'll be able to handle it :( What are your thoughts on this? what should I do? please help! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment