Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What do you call your aunts and uncles ?

When my cousins and I were kids, we always called my aunts and uncles "Aunt Gloria", "Aunt Mary", "Uncle Larry", "Uncle Henry", etc . I thought most people called their aunts and uncles "Aunt Susan" or "Uncle Allen" . When I was in my twenties, I heard about people who didn't like putting "Aunt" or "Uncle" before their aunts and uncles first names . If your father's friend Steve visited your house, I'd think you'd call him "Uncle Steve" . My friend Sam calls his uncle "Bob" and his aunt "Edna" . I thought he was in the minority . Today I was reading a message board where somebody wrote "I never called any of my aunts or uncles "Aunt" this or "Uncle" that . Most people I know didn't do that . If my uncle's name was "Carl", I'd call him "Carl", etc ." . NOW -- What did / do YOU call YOUR aunts and uncles ? Do you call them "Aunt Somebody" or "Uncle Somebody Else" or do you call them by their first names ? Thank you in advance for your answers .

No comments:

Post a Comment