Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Can your lawyer reply to your email if he doesn't know it's actually you? 10pts?

The question sounds very silly but my point is can/will your lawyer respond to an email from JimBob52@yahoo.com if he knows he has a client named Jim Bob, even if the client hasn't stated this is his email. Wouldn't he be at risk of sending someone info that isn't there ect, I know I'm not a famous person client but what if Jim Boe is his client and has an email like JimBoe50@yahoo.com couldn't he be in trouble for sending legal info to a person even if it's an accident. Like Jim Bob gets the info on Jim Boe's theft charges? I know it sounds silly but I want to ask my lawyer a question w/o driving 40min to talk to him. The email question is the same for calling his office, it would seem like they can't risk giving out info to someone who claims to be their client even if it is obviously them unless it's been verified. Or would your lawyer assume that Jim Bob and Jim Boe are the clients they claimed to be and send them the info w/o knowing 100% it's their email?Thanks for answering.

No comments:

Post a Comment