Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I am a follower of Christ, but I struggle with secular music so what should I do?

I REEEEALLY like secular music. I have found that many of the gospel songs, though the words are inspiring....are not....well...........good musically. I don't really get into church music. I would love a gospel song with an 808.....even Kirk Franklin's music still sounds "churchy" which is okay if you like that kinda music...but I'm not into the 60s style rock and roll...or whatever period it comes from. Most church music just sounds like secular music from a long time ago.......I just like good music....the words are important but I like the accompaniment to be something that I can ride down the road and either bob my head to, or it makes me want to listen more closely to the words and not throw my stereo system out of the window. I'm not going to automatically try to convince myself to like a song just because it is about God.....so does anyone have a solution to this besides writing and recording my own music?

No comments:

Post a Comment