Monday, July 18, 2011

Has this ever happened to you when dealing with a doctor?

My boss at work noticed my finger was twitching and decided to get concerned. This job provides health benefits so the boss insisted there was no excuse, I had to go to the doctor to get this twitching finger thing looked at (Granted, the boss did have a relative who had Parkinson's). I get to the doctor and explain to him that twitching is a common symptom of carpal tunnel syndrome which I have all the symptoms of and that although I do also have a twitching in my pectoral muscle - which is much more rarely associated with carpal tunnel, the twitching was isolated to those two locations which are connected by the medial/radial nerve plexus. The doctor gives me the sharp look and the whole "you think you're a doctor" speech and insists on all kinds of ridiculous tests. After about $4000 worth of bills to the insurance company and me missing 2 days of work for the doctors ridiculous tests, he comes back and tells me that they didn't find anything but it does appear that I have a fairly serious case of Carpal Tunnel syndrome and it appears that the twitching in my finger and pectoral muscle are related to compression of points along the median/radial plexus.

No comments:

Post a Comment