Friday, July 15, 2011

Does anybody else find the song "Price Tag" to be a bit ironic?

I never listen to top 40 radio of my own accord, but working downtown near trendy bars and clubs, I hear this song being played all the time. I can see how it's trying to have a good message, but I have a hard time believing that Jessie J and BOB don't care about money, yet are signed to major labels and have songs being played on pop radio. I should think a song with a message like "Price Tag" should be performed by somebody who either offers their music (or at least that single) for free or pay-what-you-want pricing or is a street performer. What are your thoughts? Nobody needs to get all defensive because you think I'm hating on the song or artist, I personally don't think it's that terrible compared to other stuff played on pop radio. Just a thought I had and I wanted read other perspectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment