Sunday, July 17, 2011

Clicking sound from heart?

Alright, so I'm kinda just trying to wave this off, but my girlfriend says that I should get ahold of a doctor or go to the hospital. So basically, yesterday, Me and my girlfriend were "screwing around" and afterwords we went back to her house. And maybe an hour or a little more later my left shoulder starting hurting. I just assumed that I hurt it when we were messing around and I was just feeling it now because all the testosterone and adrenaline were wearing off. The pain kept getting worse and worse, and it became almost excrutiating. It hurt through my shoulder, back into my shoulder blade, up into my left pectoral region, and even down into my arm and up into my neck a little. I took some Ibuprofin and iced it and the pain went away. Her mom was a little suspicious that it could be heart related. I slept just fine and woke up with only a little pain. I went downstairs to watch the kids while my parents were working. It was pretty early so everything was pretty quiet. I was watching tv in the living room, laying on the couch, when over the volume of the tv, a clicking sound started coming from my chest. It was loud enough to go over the volume of the tv and it's been happening on and off today. It only happens when I'm laying down and is most audible when I am fully inhaled or fully exhaled. One of the reasons that I am almost just waving this off, is because I have had a pretty bad cough lately, and I think it could be mucus related? The coughs been going around in my family anyway. The one thing that kind of worries me though, is that both symptoms happened in succession like that. Plus a year ago, I had an echocardiogram because the doctors thought that I might have marfan syndrome. Nothing came up on the results and they said I was fine. But one of the symptoms of the disease is mitral valve prolapse, or click valve. I'm a little worried. Should I be? And is it bad enough that I should contact a hospital or doctor?

No comments:

Post a Comment